In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last week or so.
Announcements, Blogs, Videos and How-Tos
- Webinar: Own and Scale your own Monitoring with Paul Dix
- Getting to 1M values per second on an InfluxDB cluster
- Kubernetes Monitoring and Autoscaling with Telegraf and Kapacitor
- We’re Going to GrafanaCon 2016
- TL;DR InfluxDB Tech Tips – Nov. 10
- We’re Hiring!
- InfluxDB Hands-on Workshops: Dec. 13, 2016 – San Francisco, CA
- FREE “Understanding Continuous Queries & Retention Policies” Virtual training – Nov. 17
- FREE “Performance Tuning and Schema Design” Virtual training – Dec. 1
- FREE Virtual Training Playback Archive
Multi-tenant support for Grafana available on InfluxCloud
Due to the great feedback from our customers, we are excited to announce that we are adding dedicated instances of Grafana to InfluxCloud. We know that the data our customers collect about their applications and services is powerful, and that allowing configurable access to different groups and users in their organization to view this information with their own dashboards extends this power.
Citrix’s InfluxDB project keeps track of all their incoming bugs and actions by tracking datasources from JIRA and Github. It’s their go-to starting point for developer standups. With the schema-less nature of the database. They can store whatever they want, however they want, with no schema upgrade required.
Citrix Systems is a software company that provides server, application and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service, and cloud computing technologies.
Claim your InfluxDB Hoodie
Does your company have an application or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdata.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form at the bottom of the page and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!