A new release of InfluxDB 2.0 Alpha is available now.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before upgrading from an existing Alpha instance, please back up your existing Tasks. This release contains a breaking change that will remove your existing tasks.
As described in our CTO Paul Dix’s original release announcement for InfluxDB 2.0, we will be shipping regular updates as we add new features and fix issues. Please keep in mind that these alpha builds are not meant for testing performance or production usage, but more for giving feedback on the functionality, user experience, and APIs.
- InfluxDB 2.0.0 Alpha 9 — release notes
This release of InfluxDB 2.0 Alpha includes the following enhancements:
- We’ve added the ability to generate Tokens from the browser. This will allow you to provide Tokens with limited scope for use with client libraries of the CLI.
- When onboarding, we now create a new Template for viewing your local metrics. This dashboard is created when you use the quickstart option in the onboarding flow.
- Tons of bug fixes to the user interface, Tasks, the Flux editor, and the Settings pages.
- Updated Flux library to version 0.28.3. Check out the Flux library release for the latest updates.
Please download and explore our latest iteration. If you find issues or have questions, please post them in our InfluxDB Github Repo or our Community Site and we will take a look. Thank you for all the interest and positive feedback so far.
The latest release of InfluxDB 2.0 Alpha can be downloaded here.