Run on my laptop or the edge
InfluxDB Open Source is the essential time series toolkit — dashboards, queries, tasks, and agents all in one place.
Why Use InfluxDB Open SourceInfluxDB delivers our Smart Data Platform with everything you need to leverage time series data in a single binary.
Build on your laptop or run it on the edge.
Faster time to awesome
InfluxDB has everything you need from a time series platform in a single binary – a multi-tenanted time series database, UI and dashboarding tools, background processing and monitoring agent. All this makes deployment and setup a breeze and easier to secure.
Deep insights and analytics
Structure your queries and separate common logic into functions and libraries that are easily shared and help speed development. You can also enrich your time series data with other SQL data stores (Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, and SAP Hana) or with cloud-based data stores (Google Bigtable, Amazon Athena, and Snowflake).
Optimized for developer productivity
Everything in InfluxDB — ingest, query, storage and visualization — is now accessible in a unified API. This enables faster time to awesome for developers because everything in the platform can now be programmatically accessed and controlled.
APIs & toolset
- Telegraf – an open source collector agent with over 300+ plugins
- Flux, a functional language for working w/ time series data
A time series engine
Run & grow large data workloads at high volumes globally.
- Series cardinality & high throughput to continuously ingest & transform hundreds of millions of time series per second
- Batch & streaming to ingest & join data from millions of sources
- Flexible storage to manage retention for high fidelity & down sampled data
- A highly available service that runs on 3 clouds, 4 continents, 20 regions
Community and ecosystem
- Write data with AWS Lambda or InfluxDB CL
- Run Flux scripts natively and show results in VS Code
- Use the Flux REPL (Read–Eval–Print Loop) to execute Flux scripts & interact with InfluxDB and other data sources.
- Connectors to Grafana, Google Data Studio, and PTC ThingWorx
- Use Postman to interact with the InfluxDB API
Easy to build, easy to share
Start from the UI
Works in your environmentWith a powerful set of ingestion agents, client libraries and APIs you can get data from everywhere.
TelegrafInfluxDB uses Telegraf for both collecting and sending metrics and events from databases, applications, systems and IoT sensors. Telegraf is a plugin-driven server agent with over 300 plugins. It is written in Go and compiles into a single binary with no external dependencies, and requires a very minimal memory footprint.
Edge & distributed environmentsInfluxDB enables you to collect, process and analyze data from edge devices so you can optimize your distributed infrastructure. You can also use the InfluxDB API to write data from the edge to your InfluxDB instance and vice versa. This allows you to get to any data that you have in your distributed environment.
Questions? Get Answers