INFLUX/DAYS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In registering for Influx/Days (the “Event”) as a participant or attendee (“Attendee” or “you”), you agree to the following terms and conditions (collectively, the “Agreement”) with InfluxData Inc. (“InfluxData”). If you are completing this registration on behalf of another individual, you warrant that you have made that Attendee aware of this Agreement and that he or she has accepted these terms and conditions in writing.
1. Registration: Attendees can register for the Event through the website located at https://www.influxdays.com/ (“Registration Site”) or on-site at the Event. Registration badges must be worn by Attendees at all times during the Event. Access to the Event will not be granted to you without proper credentials. If you lose, misplace, or forget your name badge, InfluxData may charge a replacement fee for the creation of a new registration badge. Once the new registration badge is released to you, the lost badge will become invalid.
2. InfluxData (post-conference) Workshop Payment: Full payment of InfluxData Workshop registration fees by Attendees is required to gain access to InfluxData Workshop. Payment for InfluxData Workshop registration is due in full upon registration. All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Influx/Days registration team at [email protected] and received by February 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM for a full refund less a $50 processing fee. All cancellations made after February 6, 2018 at 5:01 PM PST are forfeit and all paid amounts are non-refundable and non-creditable. InfluxData Workshop registration fees may only be used for InfluxData Workshop registration and may not be applied towards the purchase of other products, services, or events. InfluxData reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, change or waive registration fees and/or to change or cancel any discount offer associated with registration; provided that such changes will only apply to you if made before your payment of InfluxData Workshop registration fees. Attendees are responsible for all travel and expenses related to the Event (e.g. airfare and hotel) (collectively, “Attendee Expenses”); Registration fees do not include such travel and/or expenses.
3. Cancellation. In the event of cancellation for any reason, InfluxData will not be responsible to you for Attendee Expenses or other associated costs. If InfluxData cancels the Event, InfluxData will refund your paid registration fee within 90 days of cancelling the Event. Except as otherwise provided on the Registration Site, cancellation requests by you are non-refundable.
4. Transfers or Substitutions. Your registration badge and right to attend the Event is non-transferrable, non-assignable, non-sublicensable and personal to you. However, if you are unable to attend an Event, transfer requests may be honored at InfluxData’s sole discretion and subject to an additional transaction fee.
5. Event Code of Conduct. By registering for and participating in the Event, you agree to comply with all fire, safety, and health regulations of the local, city, state, hotel(s), and convention center(s) where the Event is held. You must also comply with all applicable federal, state, local laws and ordinances, as well as any InfluxData policies and procedures as set forth in this Agreement, on the Registration Site, or as may otherwise be provided to you by InfluxData. Attendees in violation of such rules or who behave in an unsafe or careless manner while attending the Event may be asked to leave and may be barred from returning without refund of the Attendee’s registration fee. Read the Influx/Days Code of Conduct.
6. Personal Release. Photography and audio or video recording may occur at the Event by or on behalf of InfluxData. You agree that InfluxData may use or share any such photographs or recordings containing your image, voice, or likeness, if captured, in connection with any advertising or promotional content, program or material for the Event, InfluxData, or for any other lawful purpose, including posting on public websites. However, InfluxData is not obligated to use your image, voice, name, or likeness, or exercise any of its rights granted herein.
7. Photography, Recording or Use of Event Information by Attendees. Photography, audio recordings, and video recordings by Attendees are not permitted without the prior written consent of InfluxData. All information learned or observed by you in relation to the Event, including but not limited to keynote speeches, session presentations, and names or company names of other Attendees (“Event Information”), is for your personal use or for internal business purposes only. You may not publish, distribute, sell, or otherwise make available any Event Information without receiving prior written consent from InfluxData.
8. Information You Provide Is Not Confidential; Feedback. You understand and agree that InfluxData develops its own products and services and works with many other vendors and developers, and either InfluxData or these third parties could in the future develop (or already have developed) products similar to yours, including those you may disclose during the Event. You should not provide any information that you consider confidential during the Event and you agree that InfluxData is not subject to any confidentiality obligations or use restrictions related to information that you may provide in connection with the Event. You expressly agree that neither this registration for the Event nor your attendance at the Event limits InfluxData’s right to develop or have developed for it products, concepts, systems or techniques that are similar to or compete with any plugins, products, concepts, systems, or techniques contemplated by or embodied in information you disclose at the Event. For clarity, however, this paragraph, in itself, does not grant InfluxData any license under your intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that InfluxData shall be free to use or implement for any purpose any or all suggestions, ideas for improvement, and other feedback you provide regarding the InfluxData products or services, including completion of any evaluation forms, polls, or surveys provided to you by InfluxData (“Feedback”) and that no payment, royalty or other consideration whatsoever shall be due to you in connection with such Feedback.
9. Event Programs and Capacity. InfluxData reserves the right to modify the Event program and schedule, which is published as an indication only. InfluxData does not guarantee and reserves the right to refuse, at its sole discretion, admittance to any specific event, session, or keynote. Unless specified otherwise, all events, keynotes, and sessions are seated on a first-come first-served basis and InfluxData will have no liability to Attendees who are unable to attend a full session.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. InfluxData makes no warranties of any kind in respect of any aspect of the Event, Event Information, or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event, Event Information, and related materials are provided on an “as-is” basis. InfluxData does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any Attendee on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
12. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless InfluxData and the Event venue and their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents from and against all third-party claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, and costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with your conduct at the Event.
13. Limitation of Liability. To the extent permitted by applicable law: (i) InfluxData will not be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages, or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event, Event Information, or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement; and (ii) the aggregate liability of InfluxData for any direct claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event, Event Information, or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), will be limited to the amount paid by you to InfluxData under this Agreement.
14. Governing Law; Venue. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, and, where such laws are preempted by the laws of the United States, by the internal laws of the United States, in each case without regard to (a) conflicts of laws principles, and (b) the applicability, if any, of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
15. General. InfluxData’s failure to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. InfluxData will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond InfluxData’s reasonable control. If any provision herein is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions will remain unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between InfluxData and you in relation to the Event and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous terms, agreements, proposals, or representations, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter herein. No part of this Agreement will be superseded or governed by any agreement between InfluxData and you relating to the use of InfluxData’s products or services. Any mention of future functionality during the Event is intended to outline InfluxData’s general product direction and is for informational purposes only. Any such mention should not be considered a commitment by InfluxData to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon by you in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality remains at the sole discretion of InfluxData.
16. Age Limit. Due to safety concerns, no one under the age of 18 (including infants in strollers), will be permitted at the Influx/Days 2017.
17. Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require special assistance, auxiliary aids, interpreters, or other reasonable accommodations while at the conference, please email our events team at least four weeks prior to the event date.