What is Google Cloud Next UK? Google Cloud Next UK is an annual conference hosted by Google that brings together Google Cloud customers, developers, and partners to learn about and build the next generation of cloud-native applications, infrastructure, security, and smart analytics. You can follow Google Cloud Next at @GoogleCloud (Twitter, Instagram) and the conference at #GoogleCloudNext (Twitter, Instagram). With dozens of sessions and vendors, it promises to be a great event!
We’ll be at Google Cloud Next UK, in booth V17, showing how we’ve partnered with Google to help you monitor your applications, microservices, and infrastructure using our time series data platform that’s deeply integrated with Google Cloud:
- InfluxDB is in the Google Cloud Marketplace so it’s easy to launch on Google Compute Engine.
- Telegraf integrates with Google IoT Core, to help you collect metrics from devices.
- Users of open source Kubernetes or Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) can now deploy InfluxDB using a Kubernetes service operator.
- Telegraf’s Stackdriver Input Plugin lets you pull in a broad set of Google Cloud metrics from Stackdriver and store them in InfluxDB for dashboarding with Chronograf and analysis with Flux.
- Telegraf can be used for Kubernetes monitoring by talking to the kubelet API to gather metrics about running pods and containers, gathering metrics from HTTP servers exposing metrics in Prometheus format, collecting data about internal metrics and agent stats, and checking its own availability.
- Telegraf can send data from InfluxDB to Google Cloud PubSub using its Cloud PubSub output plugin.From there, you can send data to BigQuery for later analysis.
- Flux can import data from BigTable, and do joins between BigTable, InfluxDB, and other data sources.
That’s a lot of points of integration — and we’d be glad to discuss them with you!
Speaking of Kubernetes, we’d be glad to talk about how customers like Walmart use InfluxData to monitor their k8s infrastructure and share what we’ve learned when using k8s to run our own deployments of InfluxDB Cloud.
In addition to talking time series, we’d be glad to give you some InfluxDB socks and stickers if you swing by our booth.