Navigating the New Industrial Revolution: Paths & Pitfalls
At this very moment, a wave of modernization is sweeping through every factory, assembly line, and manufacturing infrastructure on earth. It is the newest industrial revolution – Industry 4.0 – a movement marked by the digitization of manufacturing processes and autonomous systems being fed raw data from more sources than ever before for training via machine learning to deliver predictions across the entire manufacturing process. For companies in the midst of their digital journey towards Industry 4.0, identifying the paths and pitfalls is critical to future success.
Understanding the drivers behind this new industrial evolution can help companies better navigate their journeys no matter the stage of transformation they are in.
This tech paper explores:
- The design principles behind Industry 4.0
- Best practices to modernize your systems while avoiding common pitfalls
- Detailed five-pronged approach for industrial companies developing a new digital ecosystem
- Why time series data is integral to Industry 4.0 adoption
- Real-world digital transformation use case
Nortal is a leading digital transformation company with 1,000 technology experts across North America, Europe and the Middle East. We help enterprises solve complex problems and achieve long-term success via sustainable growth, improved efficiency and agility through modern software delivery. Visit Nortal to learn more.
Special thanks to Ergin Tuganay, Head of Industry at Nortal who contributed to this paper.