Running in the cloud
Ingest, store, & analyze all types of time series data in a fully-managed, purpose-built database. Run interactive SQL queries, derive insights, & analyze data in real time. Keep data forever with low-cost storage and superior data compression.
Why use InfluxDB Cloud?It’s a performant, elastic, serverless time series data platform that provides everything you need for your time series data, including metrics, events, logs, and traces. Ingest billions of data points in real-time with unbounded cardinality, and store, analyze, and act on that data – all in a single database. Native SQL compatibility makes getting started quick and easy.
A cloud-native application that scales elastically as your workload demands change with usage-based pricing to ensure you only pay for what you use.
Fully managed platform
Availability, durability, & scalability across multiple regions on AWS, Google, & Azure that meets demanding data security and privacy standards.
Work your way
No matter how you build your apps, InfluxDB Cloud includes services (APIs, client libraries, integrations) that make development easy.
APIs & toolset
InfluxDB has a set of APIs & tools to help you get started quickly with more capability & less code.
- RESTful API & a set of client libraries to collect, transform, & visualize your data
- An intuitive, visual script editor that provides multiple ways to build and write SQL
- Zero learning curve with native SQL support for queries
High performance time series engine
Distributed, scalable, high performance engine optimized for:
- Unlimited cardinality & high throughput to continuously ingest, transform, & analyze hundreds of millions of time series datapoints per second
- Low latency queries by keeping live and recently queried data in “hot” tier built using Apache Arrow, an in-memory columnar format optimized for speed
- High compression storage using Apache Parquet file format persisted to cloud object store reducing overall storage costs
- Highly available service that runs on 3 clouds and multiple regions
Community & ecosystem
InfluxDB is a massive community & ecosystem to help you work the way you want to.
- Write data in variety of ways including AWS Lambda, Telegraf, or InfluxDB client libraries
- Leverage FlightSQL-based plugins to integrate with tools like Grafana & Apache Superset for rich data visualization & alerting
- Connect to Google Data Studio, and other BI or data warehouses with open source ODBC and JDBC plugins based on FlightSQL
InfluxDB Cloud services
InfluxDB Cloud includes way more than you find in the open source – it is an elastic time series database as a service.
InfluxDB Cloud is built as a cloud-native, multi-tenant, elastic scale, serverless platform. Each service scales independently based on workload and usage requirements. This all happens behind the scenes from the user. Need more storage? It’s there — no need to procure more or use a bigger machine. Need more compute power to perform complex analytical functions? No problem — we elastically scale up to meet that demand with zero human intervention. The same is true for all the services you might need — compute, query, read, write, and store to name just a few.
InfluxDB Cloud is run by the experts and creators of InfluxDB. Dedicated engineers do all the heavy lifting to ensure that the InfluxDB Cloud service is available when you need it. It is secure and hardened with all the latest security features and patches installed and configured. Optimized for elastic scalability, InfluxDB Cloud automatically rebalances clusters, handles sharding, and leverages built-in replication factors. InfluxDB Cloud does all the complexity of running a time series database for you, giving you the peace of mind to get your real work done.
Designed to optimize your Time to Awesome, the dedicated team at InfluxData suports InfluxDB Cloud. With flexible support pricing and options, you can choose from Slack and forum-based community support all the way up to having a dedicated customer success manager to help you deliver exceptional results to your organization.
InfluxDB Cloud was architected to run on any cloud – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP), and Microsoft Azure. Designed for ultimate flexibility to prevent lock-in, choose the cloud provider and location for your infrastructure. InfluxDB Cloud currently is available in multiple regions.
InfluxDB Cloud Durability Walkthrough
Works in your environmentWith a powerful set of data collection tools, client libraries, and APIs you can get data from everywhere.
TelegrafInfluxDB Cloud uses Telegraf to collect time series data from, and to send it to databases, applications, systems, and IoT sensors. Telegraf is a plugin-driven server agent with over 300 plugins. It is written in Go, compiles into a single binary with no external dependencies, and requires a very minimal memory footprint.
APIProgramatic access to InfluxDB Cloud is available through a robust set of APIs. These APIs are common across InfluxDB Open Source and InfluxDB Cloud allowing you to write code once and run it locally against an open source version of the database or against the elastic database as a service.
Questions? Get Answers