In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last week or so.
Announcements, Blogs, Videos, Articles, Docs and How-Tos
- FREE InfluxDB Virtual Training on April 14 – Intro to Time-Series and InfluxDB Fundamentals
- SF InfluxDB Meetup on April 27 – Continuous Queries, Aquaponics IoT and Go Bootcamp
- InfluxDB Training in SF on April 29
- InfluxDB Training in New York City on May 1st
- Announcing InfluxDB, Telegraf and Kapacitor 0.12 with Kill Query and New Functions
- Introducing InfluxDB Relay: Open Source High-Availability for InfluxDB
- How to Run InfluxDB’s Telegraf Data Collector as a Windows Service
- How to Stream Data to InfluxDB from any BASH command
- Analyzing Oracle CRM Data with InfluxDB
- How to Create Windows Metric Dashboards with InfluxDB
- Collect and Visualize VMWare vSphere Performance Metrics with InfluxDB
Tavisca delivers a variety of technology solutions for the travel industry. Their PCI PA-DSS compliant online travel booking engine comes pre-integrated with over 40 travel inventory suppliers. Tavisca’s platform handles over a million travel searches per day with 10,000 bookings per day across 55 suppliers, 900 airlines and 800,00 hotels globally.
InfluxDB is used for real-time analytics of Tavisca’s Vexiere service and the servers it runs on. Vexiere is part of Tavisca’s booking platform that acts as a centralized application for user profile and authentication management.
With Giant Swarm you can easily build, deploy, and manage your containerized services. There are no restrictions regarding programming languages, frameworks, or databases. They offer an opinionated solution for microservice architectures, but keep it flexible enough to change the microservice tooling to your own liking and needs.
InfluxDB is used in conjunction with cAdvisor to gather metrics on the containers leveraged in both the hosted and on premise microservices architectures.
LearnZillion was looking into collecting, storing, and visualizing host and application level metrics from their applications. They liked what the TICK-stack had to offer in meeting those needs: composable systems that are self-contained and easily extendible. Since they use Salt Stack to manage configurations on their instances, they first searched for existing formulas to deploy Telegraf to their instances. Unfortunately, there was no such formula available, so they decided to write one and publish it themselves. The telegraf-formula will install and setup Telegraf on Debian or Red Hat-based systems. The formula gives users an easy way to describe various inputs, outputs, and global_tags via yaml in Salt’s pillar.
LearnZillion helps teachers and parents meet the academic needs of their students. They do that by providing an open, cloud-based curriculum. LearnZillion helps teachers, schools, and districts improve instruction, track student performance, and better respond to the specific needs of their students.
Get Your InfluxDB Hoodie While they Last!
Does your company have an application or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdata.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!
- April 14: FREE Virtual Training: InfluxDB Fundamentals – Webinar
- April 19: CurrencyFair Engineering Meetup – Dublin
- April 21: FREE Virtual Training: Mastering the InfluxDB CLI – Webinar
- April 28: FREE Virtual Training: Continuous Queries and Retention Policies – Webinar
- April 27: InfluxDB SF Meetup – San Francisco
- April 29: InfluxDB Training – San Francisco
- May 1: InfluxDB Training – New York
- May 5: FREE Virtual Training: Performance Tuning and Schema Design – Webinar
- May 12: FREE Virtual Training: Intro to the Telegraf Data Collector – Webinar
Are you the organizer of a Go, Big Data, DevOps or IoT Meetup? We’d be happy to come out and support your event with a talk, workshop and food & drink sponsorship! Drop us a line to get a conversation started: [email protected].