Aerospike Statistics Monitoring
Aerospike open source NoSQL distributed database has a horizontally scalable high-speed lightweight data layer. This database is a fast key-value datastore, or distributed hash table, that delivers predictable, sub-millisecond query response times. It also has the ability to scale to very large sizes while maintaining high speeds. Its code is engineered to match the characteristics of flash memory, as opposed to more traditional methods.
Telegraf Input Plugin: Aerospike
Track and graph your Aerospike statistics for nodes as well as statistics for all of the configured namespaces.
Aerospike architecture aims at creating a flexible, scalable platform for web-scale applications; providing the robustness and reliability expected from traditional databases; and providing operational efficiency with minimal manual involvement.
Aerospike database technology is centered around row-based random access with indexes in memory and data in memory or on SSD (solid-state drive) storage. The database holds data that is accessible in real time.
Aerospike recommends monitoring a set of key metrics that are divided into 6 categories, each category indicates a common system component that may cause the metric to report an alert/critical value. The categories are as follows:
- Application metrics that may indicate issues in the application layer
- Memory metrics that may be used to indicate abnormal memory utilization
- Network metrics that may indicate problems on the network layer
- Storage metrics that may be used to indicate abnormal disk utilization
- Service/other metrics that indicate abnormal Database operation or system problems that may cause abnormal Database operations
- Trend metrics are useful stats to allow for deeper understanding of system behaviors leading up to a particular event