Announcing Telegraf 0.2.0 with StatsD, MQTT, and Improved Scalability
By Cameron Sparr / Oct 28, 2015 / Telegraf
We are excited to announce that Telegraf 0.2.0, InfluxDB’s native, open source data collecting agent, is now available!
- PR #205: Include per-db redis keyspace info
- PR #241: MQTT Output. thanks @shirou!
- PR #240: procstat plugin, thanks @ranjib!
- PR #244: netstat plugin, thanks @shirou!
- PR #262: zookeeper plugin, thanks @jrxFive!
- PR #237: statsd service plugin
- PR #273: puppet agent plugin, thanks @jrxFive!
- PR #286: bcache plugin, thanks @cornerot!
- PR #287: Batch AMQP output, thanks @ekini!
- PR #301: Collect on even intervals
- PR #300: aerospike plugin. thanks @oldmantaiter!
- PR #322: Librato output. thanks @jipperinbham!
-testflag will now only output 2 collections for plugins that need it.
- There is a new agent configuration option:
flush_interval. This option tells Telegraf how often to flush data to InfluxDB and other output sinks. For example, users can set
interval = "2s"and
flush_interval = "60s"for Telegraf to collect data every 2 seconds and flush every 60 seconds.
utcare no longer valid agent config values.
precisionhas moved to the InfluxDB output config, where it will continue to default to
- Debug and test output will now print the raw line-protocol string.
- Telegraf will now, by default, round the collection interval to the nearest even interval. This means that
interval="10s"will collect every :00, :10, etc.
- To address scaling concerns Telegraf now adds a small amount of "jitter" to the flush period. This ensures that if a large number of Telegraf instances are deployed, they do not all flush at the same instant. The amount of jitter can be controlled via the configuration file.
- Telegraf will now retry metric flushes twice.
Get your InfluxDB hoodie while they last!
Does your company have a cool app or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdb.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!