InfluxData Announces Performance and Visualization Enhancements to Its Cloud-based, Real-time Monitoring and Analytics Platform
By Chris Churilo / Mar 15, 2017 / Newsroom, Press Releases
San Francisco, CA, March 15, 2017 – InfluxData, the Modern Data Engine for Metrics and Events, and the company behind the leading Open Source Platform for time series data, announces that InfluxDB Cloud 1.2 is immediately available. InfluxDB Cloud is a managed cloud offering powered by the open source TICK stack, and includes enhanced functionality around scalability, availability, and security.
“The SMARTSolar platform allows BBOXX to monitor their Solar Products around the globe and satisfy the energy needs of families who live off-the-grid in rural areas,” said David McLean, Lead Developer at BBOXX. “InfluxDB Cloud allows storage, retrieval and continuous real-time analysis of the data that BBOXX collects. By combining powerful machine-learning algorithms with the InfluxDB Cloud infrastructure, BBOXX can identify trends, usage patterns and even detect problems before they exist.”
“Starting today, our InfluxDB Cloud customers receive some exciting new capabilities,” said Tim Hall, Vice President of Products at InfluxData. “We have been able to upgrade the underlying architecture of the database to support a 50% increase in write performance, as well as integrate the latest version of Grafana to create beautiful metric and analytic dashboards.”
“We are delighted to see InfluxDB Cloud upgrade to the latest version of Grafana,” said Torkel Ödegaard, the creator of Grafana. “InfluxDB Cloud provides an end-to-end monitoring solution that is critical for businesses to help them detect and respond to service issues that impact business uptime.”
InfluxDB Cloud 1.2 includes all the recently announced enhancements from InfluxDB Enterprise 1.2:
- InfluxDB has extended its query language to support sub-queries. This allows users to be more efficient in finding insights in their data.
- InfluxDB has an improved underlying data cache that yields a 50% write performance boost under load, allowing users to rapidly store even more data than before.
- Kapacitor has enhanced alert condition handling which allows greater flexibility and simplicity in sending notifications.
- InfluxDB offers enhanced backup and restore options.
InfluxDB Cloud customers using Grafana 4.1 can now:
- Use ad-hoc filter variables to create new key/value filters on the fly allowing for more exploratory dashboards.
- Leverage new user interface improvements including a new row menu and add panel experience, keyboard shortcuts, and support for TV and kiosk mode.
- Explore shared tooltips on all graphs as you hover over one graph.
A fully functional trial version of InfluxDB Cloud 1.2 is available here.
About InfluxData InfluxData delivers a complete open-source platform built specifically for metrics, events, and other time-based dataa modern time series platform. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. InfluxData is an active contributor to the open source Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor (TICK) projects. InfluxData is a Y Combinator success story, backed by Battery Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Mayfield, and Bloomberg Beta. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData serves more than 260 customers, including eBay, Mozilla, Barclay’s, and NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). For more information visit: influxdata.com or follow InfluxData on Twitter @influxdb.