InfluxData releases Telegraf 1.21.4 to address security vulnerabilities and update plugins
By Samantha Wang / Feb 16, 2022 / Telegraf, Release Notes
Telegraf 1.21.4 includes updates to the Docker Input Plugin, JSON v2 Parser, and the Go library to address security vulnerabilities. This new maintenance release for Telegraf is available now.
- Telegraf 1.21.4 – Release Notes
- Updated to Go 1.17.7 to address three security issues in the library
Input plugin updates
- Docker Input
- We updated the docker memory usage calculation to match the value given by the latest Docker CLI.
- ECS Input
- The ECS Plugin now uses the current time as timestamp.
- SNMP Input
- The plugin now ensures folders do not get loaded more than once.
- Windows Performance Counters Input
- We added a deprecated warning and version to the plugin for PreVista support.
Output plugin updates
- AMQP Output
- Plugin now checks for nil clients before closing.
- Azure Data Explorer Output
- We added azureBlob controls to lower RAM usage.
- Elasticsearch Output
- We added a scheme to the plugin to fix an error in the sniffing option.
Parser plugin updates
- JSON v2 Parser
- We fixed the timestamp change during execution of json_v2 parser.
- We fixed the incorrect handling of
- Plugin now allows for optional paths and handles wrong paths correctly.
Serializer plugin updates
- Prometheus Remote Write Serializer
- We fixed an issue where the serializer was using the wrong timestamp unit.
New external plugins
- Plugin that checks for Debian package updates. Contributed by @x70b1.
- Plugin that collects stats from Knot DNS. Contributed by @x70b1.
- Updated to Go 1.17.7 to addressed three security issues in the library
- Updated all
go.opentelemetry.iofrom 0.24.0 to 0.27.0.
github.com/signalfx/golib/v3from 3.3.38 to 3.3.43.
github.com/aliyun/alibaba-cloud-sdk-gofrom 1.61.1004 to 1.61.1483.
github.com/denisenkom/go-mssqldbfrom 0.10.0 to 0.12.0.
github.com/gopcua/opcuafrom 0.2.3 to 0.3.1.
github.com/nats-io/nats-server/v2from 2.6.5 to 2.7.2.
k8s.io/client-gofrom 0.22.2 to 0.23.3.
github.com/aws/aws-sdk-go-v2/service/kinesisfrom 1.6.0 to 1.13.0.
github.com/benbjohnson/clockfrom 1.1.0 to 1.3.0.
github.com/Azure/azure-kusto-gofrom 0.5.0 to 0.5.2.
github.com/vmware/govmomifrom 0.27.2 to 0.27.3.
github.com/prometheus/client_golangfrom 1.11.0 to 1.12.1.
go.mongodb.org/mongo-driverfrom 1.7.3 to 1.8.3.
github.com/google/go-cmpfrom 0.5.6 to 0.5.7.
go.opentelemetry.io/collector/modelfrom 0.39.0 to 0.43.2.
github.com/multiplay/go-ts3from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1.
cloud.google.com/go/monitoringfrom 0.2.0 to 1.2.0.
github.com/vmware/govmomifrom 0.26.0 to 0.27.2.
Head to our Downloads page to get the latest Telegraf release. If you find issues or have questions, please join our InfluxDB Community Slack, post them in our InfluxDB GitHub Repo or our Community site, and we will take a look.
Please fill out this form if you are interested in being included in testing bug fixes and features for plugins and systems you are using. Telegraf maintainers will tag you on pull requests to test artifacts. This will help us better address bugs that may arise after a release.