In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last week or so.
Announcements, Blogs, Videos, Articles, Docs and How-Tos
- FREE InfluxDB Virtual Training on April 28 – Understanding Continuous Queries and Retention Policies
- SF InfluxDB Meetup on April 27 – Continuous Queries, Aquaponics IoT and Go Bootcamp
- InfluxDB Training in SF on April 29
- InfluxDB Training in New York City on May 1st
- InfluxDB Tech Tips – April 21, 2016
- Available Now! Fully Managed InfluxDB Clusters + Grafana on AWS
- How to Get Movie Ratings Data into InfluxDB with the Wire Protocol
- IoT Goodness with InfluxDB, Raspberry Pi and Resin.io
- Slides from Gianluca Arbezzano’s Talk on InfluxDB
Football Addicts main product is ForzaFootball, an iOS and Android app that provides live scores, lineups, push notifications, opinion polls and video highlights for more than 800 football leagues and cups around the world.
Football Addicts rewrote their push notification system from scratch in Elixir and use InfluxDB for the monitoring and gathering of metrics of this notifications system. Football Addicts chose InfluxDB because it offered everything they needed to build their monitoring stack. They make use of most of the TICK stack, using Telegraf for aggregating application and system-level metrics thanks to its fast UDP interface, InfluxDB to store these metrics, and Kapacitor for alerting and downsampling of these metrics.
iOffer is a San Francisco-based online trading community that was launched in 2002 with nearly one million total users, including approximately 75,000 sellers.
iOffer uses InfluxDB, Telegraf and Chronograf to record user engagement and operational metrics across the site. This gives them the ability to instrument and graph out the real-time use of their system with ease.
WEGA is a web filtering solution featuring live analytics for system administrators. It’s based on multiple DNS servers which can detect malware, phishing sites and other unwanted content. The targeted audience are schools and universities who need web filtering solutions that don’t require users to setup something on their devices.
At the heart of Web Enrichment Guard (WEGA) is the DNS server which reports blocked and all requested pages to InfluxDB. Before InfluxDB, Haschek Solutions tried to implement a backend with MySQL and other databases, but they proved to be much too slow and just not fit for the job of managing time-series data. Using InfluxDB allowed them to implement the DNS reporting system over UDP for maximum speed. InfluxDB can handle everything they throw at it – no matter how many requests per seconds they push out. Implementing the dashboard was very easy since InfluxDB has a powerful and amazingly fast querying system.
Get Your InfluxDB Hoodie While they Last!
Does your company have an application or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdata.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!
- April 28: FREE Virtual Training: Continuous Queries and Retention Policies – Webinar
- April 27: InfluxDB SF Meetup – San Francisco
- April 29: InfluxDB Training – San Francisco
- May 1: InfluxDB Training – New York
- May 5: FREE Virtual Training: Performance Tuning and Schema Design – Webinar
- May 12: FREE Virtual Training: Intro to the Telegraf Data Collector – Webinar
Are you the organizer of a Go, Big Data, DevOps or IoT Meetup? We’d be happy to come out and support your event with a talk, workshop and food & drink sponsorship! Drop us a line to get a conversation started: [email protected].