In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last two weeks or so.
Blogs, Articles, Docs and How-Tos
- InfluxDB the Company is Now InfluxData
- Announcing InfluxDB v0.9.6 – Updates to the TSM Storage Engine
- Visual Data Exploration with Chronograf
- The Lens of Time – Why Time-Series Data Matters
- Best Practices for Monitoring Docker
- Announcing Telegraf 0.2.4 w/ MailChimp API Support
- How to Perform Load-Testing Using Gatling-FatJars and InfluxDB
- Announcing a Package Repository for Linux
- How to Monitor a Server with collectd, InfluxDB and Grafana
- InfluxDB High-Availability Internals: The Raft Consensus Protocol
- Getting Started with Query Performance and Schema Design
- Monitoring Kubernetes with InfluxDB
- Monitoring Docker with cAdvisor, InfluxDB and Grafana
Gigaspaces – XAP In-Memory Computing Platform
XAP is an in-memory computing platform that enables near real-time access and linear scaling for any use case from big data to omni-channel through data replication across sites – enabling millions of transactions per second, with 100% consistency and high availability for your data intensive apps.
XAP is based on a distributed cache model – so InfluxDB fit perfectly into the XAP architecture. XAP leverages InfluxDB for sending metrics to users from their clusters and diverse channels to better understand how their infrastructure is performing.
CognitoIQ provides software that enables retail, logistics, courier and facilities management companies that have to manage a large number of field engineers greater fieldforce management and efficiency.
InfluxDB gave CognitoIQ a highly scalable and easily deployable time series database that is used in conjunction with Grafana to collect and visualize their entire collection of metrics for the analysis of deployments and trends.
Siminars is a content platform which serves all kinds of media like audio, photos, videos etc. InfluxDB helps them manage hundreds of gigabytes of logs to get insights into how their static content delivery system is performing and being experienced by end users. Siminars was looking for a less complex time series database and after having looked at Cassandra and OpenTSDB, InfluxDB stood out for its simplicity. They found the InfluxDB query language to be a very useful tool and easy to learn.
Get your InfluxDB hoodie while they last!
Does your company have a cool app or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdb.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!