InfluxDB Week in Review - Feb 22, 2016
By Jimmy Guerrero / Feb 22, 2016 / General
In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last week or so.
Blogs, Videos, Articles, Docs and How-Tos
- Announcing InfluxDB Training in San Francisco - April 29
- Announcing Virtual Training
- Vote for the Next City to Hold InfluxDB Training
- Announcing the Open Source Graphite/Whisper to InfluxDB Migration Tool
- Announcing Telegraf 0.10.3 with Support for MQTT, NATS and Arbitrary Data Formats
- Announcing InfluxDB 0.10.1 with Critical Bug Fixes and Updates to the Migration Tool
- Tricks and Tips on Upgrading from InfluxDB 0.9 to 0.10
- A Look at the Current State of InfluxDB's 0.10.0 Clustering
- How-to Build Docker Images for Grafana and InfluxDB
- How-to get started with InfluxDB, collectd and Grafana
- Installing and Configuring Grafana with InfluxDB - Part 1
- How-to Upgrade Your InfluxDB and Grafana Installation
Gluru is an intelligent, machine-learning platform that organizes your digital life, offering a smart personal assistant that supercharges your daily workflow. Gluru connects with your data wherever it lives, and learns how and when you need to use it – surfacing documents, files, and messages, and more at the moment you need them. The platform offers a simple and intuitive dashboard for consumer and business users, built on a highly sophisticated back-end that leverages artificial intelligence, machine-learning, and contextual information processing.
Gluru evaluated various solutions for their infrastructure monitoring and alerting, as well as analytics and the visualization of backend metrics and KPIs. They were looking for a modern all-in-one solution. After experimenting with various technologies they unanimously decided to adopt the InfluxData stack both because it does exactly what they needed but also because it was built using some of the same technologies they had selected for their own platform. Gluru uses InfluxDB to directly measure service performance, Telegraf for infrastructure monitoring are in the process of adopting Chronograf and Kapacitor .
AlertBasket is a mobile app that helps people to find best deals for the products they buy often. AlertBasket has launched in Poland, and will launch in more European countries soon.
Thanks to InfluxDB, Alertbasket was able to gather essential app metrics and compile them into a dashboard showing all the essential project metrics in just one day. This included the initial setup, configuration and backend integration. “Pure awesomeness!”
Dominion makes hard apple cider on a farm in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada. They use InfluxDB to store telemetry data from their fermentation and conditioning tanks, chiller system, and various other equipment. Here’s a blog post with all the details on how they use InfluxDB. According to Luke Cyca (Founder, Cidermaker and Hacker) “The ease of deployment typical with Go projects was a selling point. It was very easy to get up and running and start sending data from embedded micro-controllers.”
Get your InfluxDB hoodie while they last!
Does your company have an application or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdata.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!
- February 24: SF InfluxDB Meetup - San Francisco
- March 1: GDG Twin Cities Meetup - Minneapolis
- March 3: Getting Started with the TICK Stack and InfluxDB Fundamentals - Free Virtual Training
- March 10: Mastering the InfluxDB CLI and Configuration Options - Virtual Training
- March 17: Understanding Continuous Queries and Retention Policies - Virtual Training
- March 24: Performance Tuning and Schema Design - Virtual Training
- March 31: Intro to the Telegraf Collector and an Overview of the Plugin Ecosystem - Virtual Training
- April 7: InfluxDB Cluster Administration - Virtual Training
- April 29: InfluxDB Training - San Francisco
Are you the organizer of a Go, Big Data, DevOps or IoT Meetup? We’d be happy to come out and support your event with a talk, workshop and food & drink sponsorship! Drop us a line to get a conversation started: [email protected].