In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last week or so.
Announcements, Blogs, Videos and How-Tos
- Announcing InfluxDB 1.0 Beta 3, Cluster Rebalancing, Data Explorer Plus Backup & Restore
- Video: Comparing Cassandra and InfluxDB for Time-Series Workloads
- Video: Build vs Buy – Custom Time-Series Solutions vs NewRelic, AppDynamics and Splunk
- Webinar: Introduction to InfluxDB Fundamentals and the TICK-stack
- InfluxDB Tech Tips: July 21, 2016
- How to Setup Monitoring with Collectd, InfluxDB and Grafana
- Slides: Go, IoT and Binary Data
- Video: WindyCityT hings Rosetta Home (IoT & InfluxDB)
- Announcing InfluxEnterprise Beta: Clustering, Monitoring & Data Exploration for InfluxDB
- 2-Day InfluxDB Training in SF – Aug 18-19
- 1-Day InfluxDB Training in Austin – Sept 16
- FREE Virtual Training Playback Archive
InfluxDB Clusters on Your Infrastructure
We are pleased to announce the InfluxEnterprise Beta is now available! If you have been waiting for InfluxDB clustering to run on your infrastructure with the ability to rebalance nodes, plus a slick UI to deploy, manage and monitor the deployment, InfluxEnterprise is for you.
Nordstrom uses InfluxDB to support their company-wide operational metrics needs. What did Nordstrom find compelling about InfluxDB? It was fast, used less space and has rich retention policy support. By leveraging the entire TICK-stack (Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf and Kapacitor), it gave Nordstrom a full life cycle of data management capabilities for their time-series data.
Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion specialty retailer offering compelling clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women and children. Since 1901, they have been committed to providing their customers with the best possible service—and to improving it every day.
Something Digital built a module that integrates Magento, a leading e-commerce platform with InfluxDB. Out of the box, the module pushes a few key measurements about a Magento application’s operation such as cron execution, page cache hit rate and product inventory levels. It can easily be extended to store any data that is specifically relevant to the particular Magento store it is implemented on. Something Digital also runs Kapacitor alongside InfluxDB for alerting and Grafana for visualization.
Something Digital is an interactive agency specializing in e-commerce, website design, custom software development, digital marketing, and user experience. By taking the time to assess your unique needs, we are able to offer strategic, creative solutions that help your business succeed.
InfluxDB allowed FireFlies.ai to quickly prototype and reliably store their production data in a time-series database. They deal with a high volume of messages so it was critical to make sure everything was being saved. Querying the data was also easy and fast for them once we started chunking. InfluxDB has proved to be a great product that has been invaluable to FireFlies.ai success.
FireFlies.ai believes relationships are an important part of your life and lead to happiness and success. They provide a cloud based AI which helps keep track of your contacts in email, giving you the information you need at the right time. You can talk to the bot through email (Gmail or Outlook), Facebook Messenger, and Slack. It will provide dynamic reminders, contextual insights, analytics, and time tracker as features.
Claim your InfluxDB Hoodie
Does your company have an application or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdata.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!
- July 28: Webinar: InfluxDB Fundamentals
- Aug 4: Webinar: Mastering the InfluxDB CLI and Configuration Files
- August 18-19: Two-Day Hands-On InfluxDB Training in SF
- Sept 16: One-Day Hands-On InfluxDB Training in Austin
Are you the organizer of a Go, Big Data, DevOps or IoT Meetup? We’d be happy to come out and support your event with a talk, workshop and food & drink sponsorship! Drop us a line to get a conversation started: email@example.com.