InfluxDB Week in Review - Mar 28, 2016
By Jimmy Guerrero / Mar 28, 2016 / General
In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last week or so.
Announcements, Blogs, Videos, Articles, Docs and How-Tos
- Announcing InfluxDB, Telegraf, Chronograf and Kapacitor 0.11 GA
- Announcing InfluxDB Training in San Francisco - April 29
- Announcing InfluxDB Training in NYC - May 1
- InfluxDB SF Meetup: Continuous Queries and Go Bootcamp - Apr 27
- InfluxData is Hiring a Developer/Product Evangelist
- InfluxData is Hiring a Bay Area Wordpress Administrator
- Training Video: Introduction to Time-Series and InfluxDB Fundamentals
- Video: Getting Started with the InfluxDB CLI and Configuration Options
- Video: How to Migrate Large Graphite/Whisper Datasets to InfluxDB
- Video: Monitor Docker with Juttle, cAdvisor and InfluxDB
- How to graph Oracle performance metrics with Telegraf and InfluxDB
- How to visualize Jenkins data with a little help from InfluxDB
- An Overview of Time-Series and the TICK-stack
- Why Time-Series May Be Seriously Underestimated
- Surveillez vos VMs avec InfluxDB et Telegraf
- Part 5: How-to Build an Arduino IoT Project with InfluxDB on the Google Cloud
- Part 6: How-to Build an Arduino IoT Project with InfluxDB on the Google Cloud
- Part 7: How-to Build an Arduino IoT Project with InfluxDB on the Google Cloud
Telefónica, S.A. is a Spanish broadband and telecommunications provider with operations in Europe, Asia, and North, Central and South America.
Telefonica I+D (Telefonica’s R&D center) has started developing a system to give more metrics-based insights to their private customers about their projects. Telefonica I+D has to manage many R&D projects in parallel. For security purposes, they needed to segregate the metrics data of each project into different databases with access granted to different users. The ability to add any type of metric data (ticketing, work orders, alarms, etc.) to InfluxDB combined with Grafana annotations proved vital in providing a consolidated view of all the relevant metrics data to their customers.
XSellco helps online merchants sell smarter, respond faster and improve their reputation. They have three products in their suite. Price Manager combines algorithms and your rules to reprice your Amazon inventory in real time, ensuring maximum profitability for minimum effort.
InfluxDB has allowed XSellco to store and report on client metrics with minute-level granularity, but also allows them to roll up the data to view as hour or day period intervals, something their existing relational database just could not do efficiently.
Pygmalios Analytics helps companies monitor how customers and staff interact in real-time. Their multiple retail analytics platforms track sales, display conversions, customers and staff behavior to deliver better service, targeted sales, faster check-outs and the optimal amount of staffing for a given time and location.
The features of InfluxDB that Pygmalios Analytics finds the most compelling is the fact that it’s designed for time-series data from the ground up and the ability to downsample data on-the-fly with continuous queries.
Get Your InfluxDB Hoodie While they Last!
Does your company have an application or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdata.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!
- March 31: Intro to Telegraf and an Overview of the Plugin Ecosystem - Webinar
- April 19: CurrencyFair Engineering Meetup - Dublin
- April 27: InfluxDB SF Meetup - San Francisco
- April 29: InfluxDB Training - San Francisco
- May 1: InfluxDB Training - New York
Are you the organizer of a Go, Big Data, DevOps or IoT Meetup? We’d be happy to come out and support your event with a talk, workshop and food & drink sponsorship! Drop us a line to get a conversation started: [email protected].