San Francisco—July 20, 2017—InfluxData announces general availability of the InfluxData platform, version 1.3; our modern, Open Source Platform built from the ground up for metrics and events. With the arrival of InfluxData 1.3, the platform can handle a billion unique time series, making it easier to handle ephemeral data coming from containers, or adding and removing sensors in IoT tracking systems. Ephemeral data is transitory, or existing only briefly, and is becoming vital for modern applications built where containers, microservices and sensors can come and go and are not always connected.
“We’ve seen the industry grapple with the explosion of more data points, more data sources, more monitoring, more controls requiring nanosecond precision coming from sensors and microservices,” said Evan Kaplan, CEO, InfluxData. “This release further delivers on our promise of providing a modern engine for metrics and events defined by rapid time to value and extreme scale.”
The InfluxData Platform provides a comprehensive set of tools and services to accumulate metrics and events data, analyze the data, and act on the data via powerful visualizations and notifications. New features in this release include:
- Time Series Indexing which moves the in-memory index to disk eliminating the restrictions imposed by the available memory and makes support for 1 billion endpoints possible.
- Highly Availability Anomaly Detection ensures service availability of the alerting subsystem—never worry about an action being ignored or an alert missed for your streaming analytics.
- Query Language Improvements that support timezone offsets for queries, new time-based functions and operators increasing developer productivity.
- Automatic Cluster Rebalancing making operational scaling and availability easier.
“This work represents one of the most significant technical advancements in the platform to date,” said Paul Dix, Founder, InfluxData. “We’re excited about this new release and welcome feedback from the developer community.”
InfluxData, the creators of InfluxDB, delivers a modern Open Source Platform built from the ground up for metrics and events (time series data). Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData customers include Autodesk, Cisco, eBay, and SolarCity. Visit influxdata.com. Twitter: @influxdb.
- Read about InfluxData’s InfluxDB and its features and usage towards data storage.
- Learn why InfluxData’s CEO, Paul Dix, decided to build a time series platform.