A new release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta is available now. We will be shipping regular updates as we add new features and fix issues. Please keep in mind that these beta builds are not meant for testing performance or production usage. Please join us in our InfluxDB Community Slack and help us by giving feedback on the functionality, user experience, and APIs. Please see our official announcement blog for a more detailed look at the capabilities and roadmap for InfluxDB 2.0 OSS.
- InfluxDB 2.0.0 Beta 1 — release notes
This release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta includes the following enhancements:
- Manifest files now support defining Checks, Notification Rules and Tasks. You can now define nearly all resources in InfluxDB with a YAML or JSON file and import that using the command line. You can also create your own files to customize based on what you have configured already. See
influx pkg -hfor more details.
- Tasks, Checks and Notification Rules now display their last run status in the UI to give you an indication that they are running. This is the first step in helping users debug issues for Flux scripts run in the background via Tasks.
- We’ve fixed a few areas of the user interface where users would lose the query or JSON data that they had entered. In the command line, we have streamlined and standardized many of the environment variables as well as the command line flags.
- Flux library update to version 0.58.0. Explore the Flux release for the latest updates.
This release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta includes the following known bugs that we will be addressing in the next release:
- Saving as a Task from the Data Explorer throws a UI error and does not allow you to change the Bucket the task is writing to. Once you create the Task, you can manually edit the bucket where you would like to send your data. Issue #16452
Please download and explore our latest release. If you find issues or have questions, please join our InfluxDB Community Slack, post them in our InfluxDB GitHub Repo or our Community Site and we will take a look. Thank you for all the interest and positive feedback so far.
The latest release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta can be downloaded here.