Release Announcement: InfluxDB 2.0.0 Beta 15
Russ Savage /
Jul 23, 2020
A new release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta is available now. We will be shipping regular updates as we add new features and fix issues. Please keep in mind that these beta builds are not meant for testing performance or production usage. Please join us in our InfluxDB Community Slack and help us by giving feedback on the functionality, user experience, and APIs. Please see our official announcement blog for a more detailed look at the capabilities and roadmap for InfluxDB 2.0 OSS.
- InfluxDB 2.0.0 Beta 15 release notes
This release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta includes the following potentially BREAKING changes:
influxdCommand We have removed the
migratecommand from the
influxdbinary. This shouldn't impact you unless you have built tooling using that command. Our goal in the coming months is to provide the ability to migrate without the need to run specialized tooling.
- InfluxDB UI Variables We have restricted the names of these variables as to not conflict with Flux reserved words. If you have a variable that is also a reserved word in Flux, you will need to rename it before upgrading. The list of invalid names can be found here.
This release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta includes the following enhancements:
- InfluxDB CLI Tooling We have added the ability to manage Telegraf configurations from the CLI using the
influx telegrafscommand. We have also added the ability to uninstall a Stack and added the ability to specify where your CLI config profiles are stored.
- InfluxDB UI Performance We now do a better job at cancelling queries when the results will no longer be displayed and we limit running queries for UI Variables to the ones needed to execute your query. Overall, the UI will execute much fewer queries than before, especially on larger instances.
- Flux Query Engine Flux has been upgraded to the latest version v0.74.0 which includes support for Discord as well as many other enhancements.
Please download and explore our latest release. If you find issues or have questions, please join our InfluxDB Community Slack, post them in our InfluxDB GitHub Repo or our Community Site and we will take a look. Thank you for all the interest and positive feedback so far.
The latest release of InfluxDB 2.0 Beta can be downloaded here.