Release Announcement: InfluxDB 2.0.0 RC 1
By Russ Savage / Oct 15, 2020 / InfluxDB, Release Notes
A new release of InfluxDB 2.0 RC is available now.
Starting with the first RC 0 release, InfluxDB 2.0 has changed the storage engine to be compatible with InfluxDB 1.x. If you have already installed Beta 16 (or earlier) of InfluxDB 2.0, you will not be able to do an in-place upgrade to the RC. Please follow these steps to migrate from an existing InfluxDB Alpha or Beta to the latest RC.
More information about this and other changes can be found in the InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Roadmap document.
- InfluxDB 2.0.0 RC 1 release notes
This release of InfluxDB 2.0 includes the following enhancements:
- InfluxDB CLI Tooling We have added the ability to upgrade from an existing InfluxDB 1.x open source deployment to the latest RC using the
influxd upgradecommand. We do not recommend this RC for production workloads, and we recommend you do a complete backup prior to upgrading. The upgrade command does not support upgrading users or permissions at this time.
- Flux Query Engine Flux has been upgraded to the latest version v0.89.0.
This release of InfluxDB 2.0 includes the following defect fixes:
- InfluxDB CLI Tooling We have fixed several bugs in the
influxcommand, including listing task runs, viewing Telegraf configurations, and working with InfluxDB Templates. We have also added the same password length restrictions to the
influx setupcommand that exist in the browser onboarding.
- InfluxDB Prometheus Scrapers We have solved a defect where Prometheus scrapers were not scraping data correctly.
Please download and explore our latest release. If you find issues or have questions, please join our InfluxDB Community Slack, post them in our InfluxDB GitHub Repo or our Community Site and we will take a look. Thank you for all the interest and positive feedback so far.
The latest release of InfluxDB 2.0 RC can be downloaded here.