Release Announcement: InfluxDB OSS 2.0.8
By Russ Savage / Aug 13, 2021 / InfluxDB, Release Notes
A new maintenance release for InfluxDB OSS is available now. Thank you to all the community members who have downloaded and used this latest release.
- InfluxDB 2.0.8 release notes
Upcoming changes to CLI packaging
Beginning with the next minor version (2.1.0), the InfluxDB CLI (
influx command) will no longer be packaged in releases from the InfluxDB repository (influxdata/influxdb). Future versions of the InfluxDB CLI will instead be released from the influx-cli repository. Users who wish to adopt the new InfluxDB CLI today can download the latest release from the InfluxData Downloads Portal.
Breaking change for Mac OS Users
- This release upgrades the project to go version 1.16. Because of the version bump to go, the macOS build for this release requires at least version 10.12 Sierra to run.
- Disable the Browser UI - Added
influxdto allow for running with the UI disabled.
Fixes and improvements
This maintenance release of InfluxDB OSS includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Upgraded to latest version of influxdata/cron so that tasks can be created with interval of every: 1w.
- We now return an error instead of panicking when InfluxQL statement rewrites fail.
- Added migration for restored KV snapshots to latest schema before using them.
- We now specify which fields are missing when rejecting an incomplete onboarding request.
systemdunit should block on startup until http endpoint is ready
- Fixed display and parsing of
influxdupgrade CLI prompts in Windows PowerShell.
- Prevented silently dropped writes when there are overlapping shards.
- Invalid requests to
/api/v2subroutes now return 404 instead of a list of links.
- Flux metaqueries for
_fieldtake fast path if
_measurementis the only predicate.
- Copy names from mmapped memory before closing iterator.
- Flux has been upgraded to v0.124.0.