Release Announcement: InfluxDB OSS 2.0.8
By Russ Savage / Aug 13, 2021 / InfluxDB, Release Notes
A new maintenance release for InfluxDB OSS is available now. Thank you to all the community members who have downloaded and used this latest release.
- InfluxDB 2.0.8 release notes
Upcoming changes to CLI packaging
Beginning with the next minor version (2.1.0), the InfluxDB CLI (
influx command) will no longer be packaged in releases from the InfluxDB repository (influxdata/influxdb). Future versions of the InfluxDB CLI will instead be released from the influx-cli repository. Users who wish to adopt the new InfluxDB CLI today can download the latest release from the InfluxData Downloads Portal.
Breaking change for Mac OS Users
- This release upgrades the project to go version 1.16. Because of the version bump to go, the macOS build for this release requires at least version 10.12 Sierra to run.
- Disable the Browser UI - Added
influxdto allow for running with the UI disabled.
Fixes and improvements
This maintenance release of InfluxDB OSS includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Upgraded to latest version of influxdata/cron so that tasks can be created with interval of every: 1w.
- We now return an error instead of panicking when InfluxQL statement rewrites fail.
- Added migration for restored KV snapshots to latest schema before using them.
- We now specify which fields are missing when rejecting an incomplete onboarding request.
systemdunit should block on startup until http endpoint is ready
- Fixed display and parsing of
influxdupgrade CLI prompts in Windows PowerShell.
- Prevented silently dropped writes when there are overlapping shards.
- Invalid requests to
/api/v2subroutes now return 404 instead of a list of links.
- Flux metaqueries for
_fieldtake fast path if
_measurementis the only predicate.
- Copy names from mmapped memory before closing iterator.
- Flux has been upgraded to v0.124.0.
If you find issues or have questions, please join our InfluxDB Community Slack, post them in our InfluxDB GitHub Repo or our Community Site and we will take a look.