Release Announcement: Kapacitor 1.5.8
By Tim Hall / Jan 29, 2021 / Kapacitor, Release Notes
A new maintenance release for Kapacitor is available now.
- Kapacitor 1.5.8 release notes
We’ve recently updated the package validation mechanics to use SHA-256. Versions prior to 1.5.5 used MD5 which had some known security vulnerabilities.
This release for Kapacitor includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Event Handlers
- New configuration options
- Added support for the correlate option in the Alerta event handler, thanks @nermolaev!
- Added the details option to the OpsGenie v2 event handler; set this option to true to use the Kapacitor alert details as OpsGenie description text, thanks @JamesClonk!
- Support for HTTP sources in SideLoadNode
- Added support for HTTP sources in SideloadNode configuration, thanks @jregovic!
- Performance and security improvements
- Added the InfluxDB subscription-path option to allow Kapacitor to run behind a reverse proxy, thanks @aspring!
- Kapacitor now sends data to InfluxDB compressed as gzip by default.
- Kapacitor now preallocates GroupIDs to increase performance by reducing allocations.
- Bug fixes
- The alert-handler match function was renamed from duration() to alertDuration() to avoid name collision with the type conversion function of the same name.
The binaries for the latest open source release can be found on our downloads page.
If you find issues or have questions, please join our InfluxDB Community Slack, post them in our Kapacitor Github Repo or our Community Site and we will take a look.