Release Announcement: Kapacitor and Kapacitor Enterprise 1.5.3
By Tim Hall / Jun 19, 2019 / Kapacitor, Release Notes
New maintenance releases for Kapacitor and Kapacitor Enterprise are available now.
This maintenance release for Kapacitor includes the following updates:
- Security Enhancements
- Add ability to skip SSL verification with an alert post node.
- Additional TLS configuration options are also available allowing for a more precise configuration related to TLS version and specification of allowed ciphers.
- Use default transport consistently.
- Fix deadlock in barrier node when delete is used.
- Make RPM create files with correct ownership on install.
- Delete group stats when a group is deleted.
- Avoid extra allocation when building GroupID.
In addition to those items, Kapacitor Enterprise includes the following updates:
- Breaking Change - Topic Handler Changes
- All topic owners must be available when a user attempts to create, update, or delete a topic handler. A "liveness" probe is performed on only the nodes that own the topic. An error is generated if the owner is unavailable or unresponsive.
- Support insecure TLS and authentication when connecting to InfluxDB Enterprise meta node
- Fix config start error from extra 'load' section
- Update build script to correctly change file ownership in order to make RPM verification pass on RedHat-based systems
The binaries for the latest Kapacitor open source release can be found on our downloads page.