Telegraf 1.24.3 maintenance release addresses processor regressions and Modbus fixes
Samantha Wang /
Nov 07, 2022
This new maintenance release for Telegraf is available now.
- Telegraf 1.24.3 — Release Notes
Input plugin updates
- Directory Monitor Input
- Plugin now allows moving files across filesystem directories.
- Kafka Consumer Input
- Kafka input plugin now uses Sarama library’s new consumer group rebalance strategy setting.
We added the associated client ID to a failing connection.
We improved the duplicate field checks in the plugin.
Plugin now handles field-measurement definitions correctly on a duplicate field check.
- We added the associated client ID to a failing connection.
- Plugin now prints a message when no error or message is returned.
- We fixed an issue where floats were being parsed as strings.
Processor plugin updates
Fixed a regression where processors were potentially missing metrics when used in combination with aggregators due to the way they were initialized.
- Processor now keeps the name of the original metric if the parser doesn’t return one.
- JSON v2 Parser
- Telegraf now removed BOM before parsing with the JSON v2 parser.
- Splunkmetric Serializer
- The serializer now provides the option to remove the event metric tag.
Head to our Downloads page to get the latest Telegraf release. If you find issues or have questions, please join our InfluxDB Community Slack, post them in our InfluxDB GitHub Repo or our Community site, and we will take a look.
Please fill out this form if you are interested in being included in testing bug fixes and features for plugins and systems you are using. Telegraf maintainers will tag you on pull requests to test artifacts. This will help us better address bugs that may arise after a release.