Three new maintenance releases are available now.
- Telegraf 1.8.2 — release notes
- InfluxDB 1.6.4 — release notes
- InfluxDB Enterprise 1.6.4 — release notes
The InfluxDB Enterprise release includes an important correction which addresses a potential security issue. To address the security issue, a breaking change has been introduced.
If you have enabled authentication within the configuration file for InfluxDB Enterprise meta nodes, you are now required to provide an
Here are the details:
[meta] auth-enabled is set to true, the
[meta] internal-shared-secret value must also be set in the configuration.
If it is not set, an error will be logged and
influxd-meta process will not start.
Previously, authentication could be enabled without setting an
internal-shared-secret. The security risk was that an unset (empty) value could be used for the
internal-shared-secret, seriously weakening the JWT authentication used for intra-node communication.
Recommendation: Review Production Installation Configurations
The Production Installation documentation has been updated to highlight these configuration settings, including changing
internal-shared-secret and adding missing steps for configuration settings of data nodes and meta nodes. All Enterprise users should review their current configurations to ensure that you are using the correct configuration settings to properly enable JWT authentication for intra-node communication.
If you need additional help or clarification, contact our support team via [email protected].
Telegraf 1.8.2 includes improvements to the following plugins:
- Aerospike Input (
- We have added support for unsigned integers in this plugin.
- Docker Input (
- Fixed an issue where the name of the docker instance was not being reported properly.
- Filecount Input (
- Resolved an error where the plugin would crash if fileinfo was nil on Windows systems.
- Logparser Input (
- We no longer pass empty measurement names to the output.
- MongoDB Input (
- Lowered authorization errors to debug level in this input.
- MQTT Consumer Input (
- Reworked the connection lifetime for this plugin.
- Ping Input (
- Resolved an issue where we were not returning the correct response code on this input.
- VMware vSphere Input (
- This plugin now honors SOAP timeouts.
- x509 Certificate Input (
- Fixed a segmentation fault when the tls config was not set.
The binaries for the latest open source release can be found on our downloads page. For our InfluxEnterprise customers, log in to the InfluxEnterprise portal and download the latest binaries from there.