TL;DR InfluxDB Tech Tips - Chronograf's Template Queries and Function Documentation's Make-over!
By Regan Kuchan / Apr 20, 2017 / Chronograf, Tech Tips
In this post, we recap some new material that you might have missed in the past week or so. Check in next week for the most interesting TICK stack related issues, workarounds, how-tos, and Q&A from GitHub, IRC, and the InfluxData Community.
Chronograf has template queries
Starting with version 1.2.0-beta8, Chronograf’s data explorer supports query templates. Just click on the
Query Templates dropdown and select a
SHOW query to enter it in the query input.
Function documentation gets a make-over
Last week we released an all-new version of the functions documentation. Functions are an essential part of InfluxDB’s query language; they allow you to aggregate, transform, and analyze your time-series data. We hope the revised documentation helps you get to know functions and allows you to seamlessly integrate them into your monitoring solution.
Among the various improvements, the new documentation includes:
- In-depth syntax descriptions of each InfluxQL function
- Numerous practical examples using a sample dataset
- Insights into common issues with syntax and behavior
- Extended sections on specifying multiple functions in the
SELECTclause and on using the
Tech tips get a webinar
Check out our Tech Tips webinar to get an overview of the blog entry highlights in the past quarter. The webinar goes into detail about InfluxQL’s subqueries,
INTO queries, new CLI features in version 1.2, and it offers a couple miscellaneous tips for working with InfluxDB and Chronograf.
Quarterly Tech Tips - April 2017 from InfluxData Platform on Vimeo.
- Downloads for the TICK-stack are live on our "downloads" page.
- Deploy on the Cloud: Get started with a FREE trial of InfluxDB Cloud featuring fully-managed clusters, Kapacitor and Grafana.
- Deploy on Your Servers: Want to run InfluxDB clusters on your servers? Try a FREE 14-day trial of InfluxDB Enterprise featuring an intuitive UI for deploying, monitoring, and rebalancing clusters, plus managing backups and restores.
- Tell Your Story: Over 300 companies have shared their story on how InfluxDB is helping them succeed. Submit your testimonial and get a limited edition hoodie as a thank you.