HiveMQ helps companies connect devices to the Internet. HiveMQ MQTT platform makes it possible to move data from device to cloud in a secure, reliable and scalable manner. Over 130 customers, including many Fortune 500 companies, rely on HiveMQ in production for mission critical use cases like connected cars, transportation, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ and InfluxData
HiveMQ helps users streamline the collection of IIoT data, while reducing complexity and increasing interoperability using MQTT and the Sparkplug MQTT broker. To help customers monitor their Sparkplug implementation, HiveMQ has developed an extension to pull Sparkplug metrics into InfluxDB for analysis and visualization.
How to use InfluxDB with HiveMQ
The HiveMQ Sparkplug Extension can be leveraged to gather sparkplug metrics from HiveMQ and persist them into a InfluxDB database. This database can be used as the data source for a monitoring dashboard to monitor directly the data from the devices and gateways of a Sparkplug Infrastructure.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file
- In the folder
hivemq-sparkplug-extension, modify the
sparkplug.propertiesfile to fit your needs. Check that the mandatory properties for influx db (host, port) are set
- Copy the folder
HiveMQ Extension Flow
- Webinar: How to Use InfluxDB to Visualize and Monitor MQTT Messages in an IIoT System
- Blog Post: Making it easy to create dashboards for MQTT Sparkplug with InfluxDB and HiveMQ
- Integration: https://github.com/hivemq/hivemq-sparkplug-influxdb-extension#installation
- Video: Introduction to MQTT Sparkplug: Plug 'n Play Interoperability for IIoT
- Video: Monitoring Plant Floor Data Using HiveMQ Cloud, InfluxDB, Grafana, & Schneider IIoT Gateway
IIoT Monitoring with MQTT Sparkplug & HiveMQ
This session demonstrates how a modern and resource-saving industrial IoT architecture can be built with the help of MQTT Sparkplug, HiveMQ and InfluxDB. After exploring the challenges present in classic OT/IT systems, we explain the concepts of Sparkplug and how it can be implemented with MQTT to fulfill the requirements for a modern IIoT solution.