Why choose a purpose-built time series database?
According to DB-Engines, “time series” has been the fastest growing database category since 2016. This popularity is fueled by the rapidly increasing instrumentation requirements of next-generation software and systems.
The e-book includes:
- A definition of what time series data is and a simple way to determine if the dataset you are working with is time series or not
- An explanation of how the time series data domain differs from more traditional data workloads like OLTP or full-text search
- Details on what makes the InfluxData platform different from other proposed solutions
- A dive into the horizontal use cases that time series data has empowered developers to build
- A brief overview of the InfluxData platform data model and how it can be used in your application
Time series database highlights
Nothing's too largeLarge sets of time-stamped data are no problem for time series databases.
Monitor on-the-flyThe sensitivity of time series data requires accurate monitoring in near real-time; a TSDB is made for this.
Easy managementThe sensitivity of time series data requires accurate monitoring in near real-time; a TSDB is made for this.
It's about timeA time series database (TSDB) is a database optimized for timestamped (or “time series”) data.
Up to speedTime series databases are proven to outperform other RDBS to make your data work faster for you.
Simplicity winsLower operating costs mean higher productivity.
InfluxDB is the perfect choice for your time series platform, and it scales effortlessly as you grow.
- InfluxData can provide you with the fastest time to the results you need and is easy to use, easy to change and easy to scale.
- Flexible, schemaless design makes InfluxData the leading real-time solution, complete with nanosecond precision and the ability to integrate with anything.
- With a focus on read-write optimization while supporting full clustering, InfluxData is the most performant Time Series Platform.
- Lower total cost of ownership — stop working for your RDBS, make your time series database work for you so you can focus on what makes your product thrive.
Activate powerful features
Build dynamic applications with InfluxDB Cloud. Harness your collected data to provide rich insights to your customers and get where you want to be, faster.
- 300+ Telegraf plugins and a powerful collection of client libraries means you can start immediately collecting metrics from various sources with ease.
- Lightning-fast ingest and query capabilities allow your applications to present data to your users in near real-time, allowing for quick remediation of hiccups.
- Downsampling and custom retention policies allow you to only keep what you really need, avoiding unnecessary storage costs.
Start gathering metrics with InfluxData to empower your team and your applications. Experience a faster time to awesome right now.