Ceph Monitoring Integration
Ceph is a free-software storage platform, implements object storage on a single distributed computer cluster, and provides interfaces for object-, block- and file-level storage. Ceph aims primarily for completely distributed operation without a single point of failure, scalable to the exabyte level, and freely available.
Telegraf Input Plugin: Ceph
Collect and graph performance metrics from the MON and OSD nodes in a Ceph monitoring storage cluster. In particular, monitor for the following:
- Ceph cluster health status
- Quorum of online monitor nodes
- Status of OSD nodes (whether down but in)
- Reaching capacity status of whole cluster or some nodes
Ceph uniquely delivers object, block, and file storage in one unified system. Ceph has become popular for being open source and free to use as well as for being highly reliable and easy to manage. Ceph delivers extraordinary scalability:
- A Ceph Node leverages commodity hardware and intelligent daemons.
- A Ceph Storage Cluster accommodates large numbers of nodes that communicate with each other to replicate and redistribute data dynamically.
The Ceph Storage Cluster receives data from Ceph Clients–whether it comes through a Ceph Block Device, Ceph Object Storage, the Ceph Filesystem, or a custom implementation you create using
librados–and stores the data as objects.