Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks, the global cybersecurity leader, is shaping the cloud-centric future with technology that is transforming the way people and organizations operate. On a mission to be the cybersecurity partner of choice, they help address the world's greatest security challenges with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, analytics, automation and orchestration. By delivering an integrated platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of partners, Palo Alto Networks is at the forefront of protecting tens of thousands of organizations across clouds, networks and mobile devices.
Palo Alto Networks acquired Aporeto in December 2019.
Improving Kubernetes security
Aporeto, now a part of Prisma Cloud, strengthens security and simplifies operations for enterprises with cloud-native and legacy applications in hybrid and multi-cloud environments. The company set out to help customers avoid the pitfalls of traditional security practices as they migrate legacy and cloud-native workloads to hybrid and multi-cloud infrastructures. They chose to build InfluxDB into their solution since it met their metrics database criteria and had a unique set of properties that could be leveraged for the Aporeto solution. Using InfluxDB, Aporeto delivers improved security for Kubernetes and other cloud environments and real-time visibility into security metrics and events.
“InfluxDB is absolutely central to the Aporeto solution…It gives us the awesome performance profile that’s required for the huge-scale environments that our customers are putting us to use in, and the complexity is very low.”
Don Chouinard, Product Marketing Lead, Aporeto
- Webinar: How Aporeto Secures Cloud-Native Workloads with InfluxData
- Case Study: Securing Cloud-Native Workloads with Aporeto and InfluxDB
- Blog Post: Aporeto Integration Brings Identify-Based Microsegmentation to Prisma Cloud
Securing cloud-native workloads
Aporeto, now a part of Prisma Cloud, is a Kubernetes network plugin that enforces the security policies specified by Kubernetes NetworkPolicy resources in a scalable way. The plugin goes further to extend and strengthen the security of Kubernetes workloads with:
- Automatically generated trusted identities for workloads
- Automated creation of editable security policies,
- Distributed enforcement for scalability
- Security policies that request AES-256 encryption
- Real-time and historical visibility of security
- Alerts for anomalous behaviors
- Decreased complexity for DevSecOps whose applications can span Kubernetes and non-Kubernetes hybrid or multi-cloud environments