InfluxData Brings Time Series Expertise to AWS re:Invent 2021
By Company / Nov 17, 2021 / InfluxData, Newsroom, Press Releases
InfluxDB Cloud on AWS expedites Time to Awesome™ for developers building applications for IoT, analytics and cloud-native services
SAN FRANCISCO, November 17, 2021 – InfluxData, creator of the leading time series platform InfluxDB, today announced it will sponsor and exhibit at AWS re:Invent 2021, taking place November 29-December 3 at the Venetian Expo Hall in Las Vegas. InfluxData experts will be onsite at booth #1017, conducting live demonstrations and discussing how developers are expediting application building with InfluxDB Cloud on AWS. InfluxData is a Bronze sponsor of the event.
“InfluxData and AWS have a longstanding partnership dedicated to putting high performance and flexibility at the center of the developer experience,” said Brian Mullen, Chief Marketing Officer, InfluxData. “The availability of InfluxDB Cloud on the AWS Marketplace continues to empower developers to build applications with time as a foundational component. We aim to deliver the best platform for time series and enable developers to build impactful applications with their data.”
InfluxDB Cloud is the first serverless time series platform purpose-built to meet the specialized requirements of today’s time-sensitive workloads. Developers using InfluxDB Cloud running on AWS build real-time applications for IoT, analytics, and cloud-native services, only paying for what they need when they need it. Developers can easily scale their applications as data volumes from their systems, sensors or workloads start to generate high volumes of time series data. Over 25,000 InfluxDB users now run on AWS, including:
- MuleSoft uses InfluxDB Cloud on AWS to help power its monitoring and diagnostic solutions to provide end-to-end actionable visibility to APIs and integrations in order to help customers identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Robinhood uses InfluxDB as part of its real-time anomaly detection system to monitor and mitigate risk. The system delivers intelligent, real-time alerting on critical metrics without the need for constant manual dashboard tracking.
- Bboxx, a provider of affordable, clean solar energy to off-grid communities in the developing world, uses InfluxDB Cloud on AWS as its sensor monitoring engine to store, visualize and analyze millions of sensor readings in real time. With InfluxDB, Bboxx has scaled its systems to continuously monitor more than 200,000 solar rooftop units, granting over a million people access to energy.
InfluxData’s partnership with AWS is based on enabling developers to build the applications they need wherever their data resides across the AWS ecosystem. InfluxDB includes the following integrations for builders working in AWS so they can quickly ingest data and get started on app building right away:
- AWS Kinesis: Ingests data from AWS Kinesis for analysis, visualization, and alerting, using the Telegraf Kinesis Consumer Plugin. Developers can also use Telegraf to publish data to Kinesis as well.
- IoT Data Collection & Analysis: Pulls IoT data from other input sources (in addition to Kinesis) via the following Telegraf input plugins: MQTT, AMQP, HTTP Listener, HTTP Scraper, Kafka, OPC UA, Modbus, DDS, or other IoT plugins, then uses Flux to enrich, analyze, visualize and alert on it.
- AWS RDS: Enriches time series data by joining it with relational data in RDS, using Flux, InfluxDB's data scripting language. This works with AWS RDS for MySQL, MariaDB, and Postgres.
InfluxData continues to prioritize developer happiness by delivering new tools that let builders pick the development style that works best for them. New features include client libraries in a dozen languages, a Flux VS Code extension and a whole host of the capabilities that deliver an integrated and intuitive experience that helps developers stay focused on building applications on InfluxDB.
InfluxDB Cloud on AWS also monitors the performance of applications and infrastructure by pulling in data from the following AWS services: CloudWatch, EC2, ECS, EKS, Fargate, Programmatic Billing. This allows users to consolidate metrics into one place, providing a comprehensive overview of application behavior.
InfluxData booth #1017 will be open from 4:00 p.m. on November 29 through 4:00 p.m. on December 2. More information is available on all InfluxData activities happening at AWS re:Invent 2021 at: https://www.influxdata.com/reinvent/
About InfluxData InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading time series platform. We empower developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, Lego, Siemens, and Tesla, to build transformative IoT, analytics and monitoring applications. Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by sensors, applications and computer infrastructure. Easy to start and scale, InfluxDB gives developers time to focus on the features and functionalities that give their apps a competitive edge. InfluxData is headquartered in San Francisco, with a workforce distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. For more information, visit www.influxdata.com and follow us @InfluxDB.