InfluxData's Latest Release Delivers LDAP Integration, Advanced Analytics and Self-Healing Capabilities in Leading Time Series Platform
Mark Herring /
Company, Press Releases
Aug 14, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Dan Spalding, InfluxData 408-960-9297 | [email protected]
Organizations Can Now See Established Organizational Policies for Faster Time to Market while Preserving Data Security and Privacy
SAN FRANCISCO — Aug. 14, 2018 — InfluxData, the modern Open Source Platform built specifically for metrics, events and other time series data that empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics and IoT applications, today announced the latest release of InfluxDB Enterprise, which delivers LDAP integration, new advanced analytics and self-healing capabilities in the leading time series database platform.
The increasing complexity of systems is driving the need for observability since even a small improvement in system behavior can have a significant impact on the bottom line. Time series data, collected and stored with InfluxData’s Time Series database platform, is integral to observability and is becoming mission critical for organizations. Today’s enhancements to InfluxDB Enterprise make it easier for administrators to keep this mission critical data available and secure by checking and verifying every requested action – including creating databases, storing data and running queries – against a user’s stored authorizations and role.
Updates to InfluxDB Enterprise include:
- Integration with LDAP: InfluxDB Enterprise now supports authenticating users against LDAP, making it easier for site administrators to securely manage critical time series data and users. This also speeds adoption of the InfluxData platform by improving the user experience through single sign-on (SSO) and meeting security compliance requirements of internal operations for protecting private data.
- Advanced Analytical Functions: InfluxData's new release adds advanced analytical functions for mathematical and advanced financial modeling, enabling use of time series data to create complex financial models. These functions are important for data analysis to help teams understand system behavior to predict outages in early stages.
- Advanced Data Replication: InfluxData's advanced data replication with self-healing automatically detects data inconsistencies, resulting for example from hardware failure or user error, and resolves them so data across all nodes is consistent. This gives the team peace of mind knowing that the data they rely so heavily on to keep their systems running is always available.
“Time series platforms are being adopted faster than any other database technology, due to their unique abilities to monitor and analyze IoT, DevOps, Cloud, and Containers; and provide analytics for real-time decision making,” said Mark Herring, InfluxData CMO. “As time series platforms continue to gain broader adoption within the enterprise, it’s imperative that these platforms fit well with the rest of the IT systems.”
Metrics, events, and other time-based data are being generated at an exponential rate, as there is a growing requirement for analyzing today’s complex environments. The InfluxData Platform provides a comprehensive set of tools and services to accumulate metrics and events data, analyze the data, and act on the data via powerful visualizations and notifications. Its InfluxDB database is the overwhelming leader among Time Series Database management systems, according to DB-Engines' latest results published earlier this quarter. InfluxData’s unique features enable customers to quickly build:
- Monitoring, alerting and notification applications supporting their DevOps initiatives
- IoT applications supporting millions of events per second, providing new business value around predictive maintenance and real-time alerting and control
- Real-time analytics applications that are focused on streaming data and anomaly detection
InfluxData has rapidly built its developer and customer base across industries – including manufacturing, financial services, energy, and telecommunications – by delivering the fastest growing Open Source Platform that enables customers to derive better business insights, data-driven real-time actions, and a consolidated single view of their entire infrastructure – from applications to microservices, and from systems to sensors. More than 420 customers, including Cisco Systems, Coupa Software, IBM, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Nordstrom, and Tesla, have selected InfluxData as their modern data platform for metrics and events. InfluxData is pioneering the shift to time series in a modern metrics and events platform, and is making it possible for customers to become data-driven and take on digital transformation initiatives.
Availability InfluxData’s new release is available now via download for all existing InfluxDB Enterprise customers. New customers wanting to try these features can download the free trial at https://portal.influxdata.com/users/new.
About InfluxData InfluxData, the creator of InfluxDB, delivers a modern Open Source Platform built from the ground up for analyzing metrics and events (time series data) for DevOps and IoT applications. Whether the data comes from humans, sensors, or machines, InfluxData empowers developers to build next-generation monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale delivering real business value quickly. Based in San Francisco, InfluxData’s more than 420 customers include Cisco, eBay, IBM and Siemens. Visit https://www.influxdata.com/. Twitter: @influxdb.
InfluxData, InfluxDB Cloud, InfluxDB and InfluxDB Enterprise are all trademarked by InfluxData. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.