Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. It provides software as a service (SAAS), platform as a service and infrastructure as a service and supports many different programming languages, tools and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
InfluxDB on Microsoft Azure
The leading time series platform, InfluxDB, available on Microsoft Azure helps you gain real-time visibility into stacks, sensors, and systems while integrating seamlessly with services like Azure Monitor, Event Hub, Storage Queues and Application Insights.
Why use InfluxDB with Microsoft Azure?
InfluxDB on Azure provides more visibility into the health of your systems, applications and workloads running in Azure to help you provide the best experience to your users.
InfluxDB gives you visibility with real-time access out of the gate so you can quickly find value in your data — identifying patterns, predicting the future, controlling systems, and turning insights into action. Whether your data comes from Azure services, databases or your custom applications, get instant insights and stay ahead of the curve.
InfluxDB in the Azure Marketplace
InfluxDB on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace provides a simplified software procurement experience by leveraging your existing payment terms with Microsoft, and consolidated billing for all of your Azure services, software, and InfluxDB usage. InfluxDB Cloud is currently available in the East US (Virginia) and West Europe (Amsterdam) regions. To view all supported InfluxDB Enterprise cloud service regions, visit our deployment region lookup.
Visit the Azure Marketplace today to get started with InfluxDB Enterprise or InfluxDB Cloud today:
Start monitoring in minutes
Microsoft SQL Server is used to store and retrieve data as requested by mission-critical applications. Because it is such an important component, having full insight into how your database is used can help you set up a baseline when analyzing performance. InfluxDB Templates are pre-configured monitoring solutions that help you get you up and running quickly and can be customized to fit your needs. Using the InfluxDB Template for Microsoft SQL you can easily launch a monitoring solution to detect anomalous behavior in your environments, receive and act on alerts, and view the pre-made dashboard to discover insights to keep your applications running smoothly.
Integrated with Azure services and products
- Azure Monitor: The 200+ Telegraf plugins expand the set of metrics that can be collected and stored in Azure Monitor. Azure Monitor users can readily use newly available Telegraf plugins to collect even more metrics and events.
- Microsoft SQL Server: Monitoring any Microsoft SQL Server instance is simple to do by using InfluxDB with the Microsoft SQL Server Telegraf Plugin. The plugin is a ready-to-use collector agent that collects metrics from your Microsoft SQL Server instance. To accelerate deployment of your monitoring solution, use the Microsoft SQL Server Monitoring Template.
- Azure IoT Hub: Ingest and store monitoring data from Azure Event Hub into InfluxDB using the Event Hub Consumer Input plugin.
- Azure Storage Queues: Ingest monitoring data from Azure Storage Queues using the Telegraf Input Azure Storage Queue plugin.
- Data permanence: Go beyond the storage limits on Azure Monitor metrics and store the data in InfluxDB for as long as you need.
- Flexibility: InfluxData provides a public Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template repository for users seeking additional flexibility and control over deployment configuration. Azure solution templates make it quick and easy to deploy a self-managed InfluxDB Enterprise cluster.
- Resource management: Leverage Azure Resource Manager key infrastructure features like managed disks, availability sets, and reserved instances when deploying InfluxDB through Azure Marketplace.
- Security: Databases like InfluxDB are best deployed in private subnets for secure access. Azure allows creating your own Virtual Network and deploying an InfluxDB Enterprise cluster.
Customer use cases
eSmart Systems use MS Azure and InfluxDB Enterprise to gather vast amounts of data from sensors and analyze it using advanced prediction and optimization models. This results in a completely new way of visualizing data, while helping their customers make decisions faster to save resources and costs.
WayKonect is the Total connected fleet management solution. It consists of a unit connected to the vehicle which provides feedback on all information needed for efficient fleet management. The goal is an ethical approach based on ecology, cost reduction, fleet improvement and efficiency by giving everyone involved a clear and objective view of the condition of a vehicle, how it is being utilized or its consumption, while being easy to use and providing significant advantages to every driver.
EnerKey's Sustainability & Energy Management System (SEMS) is the Nordic region’s leading, intelligent cloud-native SaaS solution for managing energy data and processes. EnerKey´s built-in intelligence feature, INES, automatically finds energy and emissions saving potentials from property consumption data.