Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud is a global, enterprise-grade supported infrastructure of computational assets available as an on-demand service. The Google Cloud platform reduces the burden on IT by helping customers modernize workloads on world-class infrastructure, protect data with multilayered security, drive decision-making with intelligent analytics and adopt hybrid and multi-cloud environments without vendor lock-in.
Combining the power of Google and InfluxDB
InfluxDB Cloud on GCP is a serverless platform that is purpose-built for time series data. This allows it to handle the relentless scale of time-stamped metrics and events generated by modern microservices, devices, and sensors — something that general-purpose databases can't do.
InfluxDB Cloud for GCP has all the core capabilities of InfluxDB database:
- Time series data storage and querying
- Processing in the background
- Integrations with third-party services (including those from Google)
- Collection agent configuration
- Highly configurable dashboards and alert processing
Why use InfluxDB Cloud on GCP?
Telegraf's 200+ plugin-driven server agents and InfluxDB's high ingestion capabilities mean that your teams will know about any issues sooner — making it easier to meet your service level objectives (SLOs).
Every dashboard and every check in InfluxDB has a Flux script behind it that can have multiple queries, joins across datasources, variables, comparisons, regular expressions, and statistical functions. This results in unlimited flexibility to finetune your monitoring to your needs.
Time series AI
Google Cloud AI Platform's incredible AI and machine learning services (TensorFlow, TPUs, TFX) are ideal for analyzing massive volumes of time series data. Once you send your data from InfluxDB to BigTable, BigQuery, or PubSub, it can feed Google AI platform to generate insights.
Get InfluxDB Enterprise & InfluxDB Cloud on Google Cloud
InfluxDB Enterprise and InfluxDB Cloud are readily available on the Google Cloud Marketplace, which offers ready-to-go development stacks, solutions, and services to accelerate development. Users have one-click access to the industry’s leading time series platform for the collection, storage, analysis and visualization of metrics and events for real-time decision making. Integrated billing makes it easy to use your Google Cloud Marketplace credits toward InfluxDB.
Usage-based pricing frees you from the hassle of trying to pick a big enough machine, the risk of overpaying for a database, and the frustration of having to migrate from one machine to another.
Visit the Google Cloud Marketplace today to get started with InfluxDB:
Integrated with Google services and products
InfluxDB works seamlessly with popular projects like Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Grafana and has native support for Google Cloud applications and services. Easily collect metrics, health status, state, statistics, event data and build dashboards for resources, services and KPIs using InfluxDB’s collection agent Telegraf:
- Cloud monitoring & logging: Use Telegraf’s Stackdriver Input plugin to collect metrics, events and metadata from 40 different Google Cloud services and store them in InfluxDB for dashboarding and analysis. To output data to Stackdriver, use Telegraf’s Stackdriver Output plugin.
- Google Kubernetes Engine: For GKE monitoring, use Telegraf’s Kubernetes Input plugin, which uses the Kubelet API and gathers metrics about running pods and containers on a host. Telegraf’s Kube Inventory plugin generates metrics derived from the state of Kubernetes resources. And the Prometheus Telegraf plugin gathers data from applications and services exposing metrics in Prometheus format.
- Pub/Sub: Pull or push messages from Pub/Sub into InfluxDB using Telegraf’s Google Cloud PubSub plugin or PubSub Push plugin, and send data from InfluxDB to Google Cloud PubSub using Telegraf’s Cloud PubSub Output plugin. From there, you can send data from Pub/Sub to BigQuery, and even to the Google AI platform.
- Cloud Build: Telegraf can monitor containers used by Google Cloud Build through the Telegraf Docker Plugin and Docker Log Plugin.
- Compute Engine: Telegraf can monitor virtual machines spun up by Google Compute Engine, using its system monitoring plugins or any of the many plugins for monitoring resources (cpu, mem, disk, network resources, etc.) and the applications running on those virtual machines (e.g. Apache servers, MySQL database, Consul, Redis etc.).
- IoT Core: Telegraf integrates with Cloud IoT Core to collect metrics from devices and sensors. It can also consume MQTT topics or output data using the MQTT input plugin.
- Bigtable, BigQuery: Flux, an open-source scripting and querying language, can import data from Bigtable, and do joins between BigTable, InfluxDB, and other data sources.
Streamline Kubernetes operations
Users of either open source Kubernetes or Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) can deploy InfluxDB and handle operational tasks automatically using the InfluxData Kubernetes service operator. This operator is built using the Operator SDK, which is part of the Operator Framework and manages one or more InfluxDB instances deployed on Kubernetes.
How InfluxDB time series platform integrates with Google Cloud
Customer use cases
"We recently introduced InfluxDB as our first-class time series database system, where we had the opportunity to work directly with InfluxData to ensure we were on a path that is scalable, robust, and in line with the future direction of their platform."
Mike Bell, manager, Wayfair
Founded in 2002 by Steve Conine and Niraj Shah, Wayfair is an American e-commerce company that sells furniture and home-goods. It is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. It carries a broad portfolio of brands including its own Wayfair brand, Joss & Main, All+Modern, Birchlane, Perigold, and many others. Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Their extensive selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, make it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home at a price you can afford.