A new maintenance release for Telegraf is available now.
- Telegraf 1.7.3 — release notes
This maintenance release for Telegraf includes the following updates:
- The output buffer is now locked when adding new metrics to avoid concurrency issues.
- The agent will preserve metric type when using filters in output plugins.
- Docker Input
- The required docker API version has been reduced to 1.21.
- InfluxDB Output
- Updated the error message to be more descriptive when the url cannot be parsed.
- Interrupts Input
- We now skip bad entries for this input.
- Syslog Input
- Preserve leading whitespace commonly used for indentation when logging stack traces.
- ZFS Input
- Fixed a parse error that happened on FreeBSD 11.2.
New maintenance releases for InfluxDB and Kapacitor are also available now.sp
- InfluxDB 1.6.1 — release notes
This maintenance release for InfluxDB includes the following updates:
- Performance Improvements
- Allows for faster merging of large series sets. This improves query planning time by approximately 20%; however, a large amount of time is still spent building the bitsets.
- Significantly improve the performance of
influx_inspect buildtsi. This makes building a TSI index around 4-10 times faster than previous releases.
- Improve the performance of the storage read service when querying a single measurement by providing a more efficient means to get the field keys for a measurement and using an iterator that only iterates over that single measurement, rather than iterating over all measurements.
- Configuration Options
- Security — existing behavior is maintained by default; however, if you wish to restrict the security options by TLS version and a specific list of supported ciphers, the ability to do so is now made possible through configuration settings.
- Compactions — by default the maximum number of processors used by the compaction service represents 50% of the total with no upper limit. This restores the behavior prior to the 1.5 release. You may set a fixed limit to a number smaller than 50% of the available processors.
The Kapacitor releases contain a small number of defect fixes. Refer to the release notes for specifics:
The binaries for the latest open source release can be found on our downloads page.
For our InfluxEnterprise customers, log in to the InfluxEnterprise portal and download the latest binaries from there.